Why aircraft jacking ?
- Perform maintenance require lifting (jacking)- for example : change tire,brake unit... .
- Landing gear extension retraction test.
- Place the aircraft into rigging position.
- Aircraft weighing and CG calculations.
Where is the ideal place to jack an aircraft ?
To know where is the ideal place for lifting the aircraft let us ask ourselves what are the requirements for lifting the aircraft with respect to the place?
- Leveled place.
- Place well protected from the wind.
always the appropriate place for such procedure is the maintenance hangar .
Jacking safety precautions :
- YOU USE THE CORRECT LIFTING/LOWERING EQUIPMENT FOR THE CONDITIONS
- THE PERSONS WHO OPERATE THE LIFTING/LOWERING EQUIPMENT HAVE THE CORRECT TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE
- THE NECESSARY SAFETY AREA IS IDENTIFIED
- THERE ARE NO UNWANTED PERSONS OR EQUIPMENT IN THIS AREA
- THERE IS NO WORK IN PROGRESS ON THE AIRCRAFT. IF YOU DO NOT OBEY THESE PRECAUTIONS, INJURY TO PERSONS AND/OR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT CAN OCCUR.
MAKE SURE THAT THE LOAD ON THE JACKS IS NOT MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM LOAD SPECIFIED IN THIS PROCEDURE.
MAKE SURE THAT THE WEIGHT OF THE AIRCRAFT IS NOT MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT SPECIFIED IN THIS PROCEDURE.
OBEY THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS WHEN YOU USE THIS/THESE MATERIAL/S. USE PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND RUBBER GLOVES.