What is agent used inside fire extinguisher in the aviation ?
Halon gas is the aviation fire extinguisher agent leader , used for suppression fire in many aircraft components such as the engines, APU (auxiliary power units) , cargo compartments and you can find it even in the handheld fire extinguisher bottles through the cabin and the flight deck compartments, tell now the aviation industry can not find a replacement for the halon gas because the regulation insist on a very restricted characteristics, all the civil aircraft including Boeing, airbus are using the halon gas for the fire bottles as a suppression agent for fighting the abnormal fire situations , engines may suffer a nacelle fire so the halon gas must be submitted to extinguish such fire, halon gas is good for all types of fire.
Why " Hallon Gas" ?
- Will not damage engine parts (no negative impact on the engine).
- Very dry gas.
- Non corrosive.
- Not conductive.
- Leave no residue.
- So effective in small quantities (reliable and effective ).
- Effective even in high altitudes .
- compatible with wide range of material and equipment include : electronics - fluids - composites - metals
Types & Usage :
- Hallon 1301 used for Engine - APU - cargo compartment - lavatory.
- Hallon 1211 used for cabin - flight deck - accessible cargo compartment -crew rest compartment - handheld fire extinguisher .
FOR TRAINING PURPOSE ONLY